Assistance Programs

Our Mission Statement

Administer all programs timely and accurately with respect and compassion to the population we serve.

The Columbiana County Department of Job and Family Services is available to provide assistance to identify, develop and provide supportive services necessary to empower members of the county, particularly those who face the challenges created by poverty, to achieve self-sufficiency. County residents may apply for public assistance benefits such as Food Assistance, Medicaid, Subsidized Child Care, and Ohio Works First Cash Assistance by completing an application. Please visit the Apply and Report Changes page to obtain information on how to apply for benefits.


                                           *No need for a face to face interview*

                                CALL 1-844-640-OHIO (6446)

(JFS) 07501 Program Enrollment & Benefit Information 

You can obtain information about the various public assistance programs by downloading the form (JFS) 07501 Program Enrollment & Benefit Information. 



                            We now have a self-service scanning kiosk.

It is located in our waiting room and this allows clients to submit documents electronically for their case file without having to see front desk or customer service staff.

It is very easy to use and it provides a receipt to the client after the documents are scanned. 

Important phone numbers and websites for your reference:


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.  Please access  

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language) should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. 

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: from any USDA office by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA.  The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation.  The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

1.  Mail:  Food and Nutrition Service, USDA, 1320 Braddock Place, Room 334, Alexandria, VA 22314, or

2.  Fax:   (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442, or

3.  Email: