Applying for Benefits and Reporting Changes

Columbiana County Department of Job and Family Services provide services such as temporary cash assistance, food assistance, medical assistance, subsidized child care, and Prevention, Retention and Contingency benefits (PRC).

To complete an online application for cash assistance, food assistance, child care assistance, and/or Medicaid visit and click on “Am I Eligible” or “Apply for Benefits”. Once you complete your application it will be submitted to our office electronically and we will contact you to schedule an interview. Interviews are required for cash assistance and food assistance. Applications for PRC are not available on this link at this time. You'll need to complete a PRC application. Once you have completed a PRC application you can mail it to our office at 7989 Dickey Drive Suite 2, Lisbon, OH 44432. Applications can also be faxed to 330-424-0925 or emailed to  To request an application by mail you can contact 330-424-1471 option 3 and an application will be mailed to you. If you prefer to visit our office you can walk in and complete an application for assistance. You can also fax completed applications to 330-424-0925. You can apply for cash assistance, food assistance, and Medicaid assistance by phone by calling 1-844-640-Ohio (6446) between 8:00 am - 3:00 pm.  

There are different eligibility requirements for the various programs. You will need to show verifications to complete the application process. Typically that means you must show a copy of the following:

  • Your Social Security card
  • Proof of age and citizenship
  • Proof of any income you receive
  • Proof of assets, such as a bank account
  • Proof of housing costs
  • Proof of any child support benefits
  • Proof of disability, if you claim it

If you send original documents with your application we will copy the documents and return them to you. If we need additional information we will discuss that at your interview and give you a checklist so you can provide the information to us. If you are unable to obtain the documents please let your worker know and we can help you get the verification.




*No need for a face-to-face interview*

CALL 1-844-640-OHIO (6446)


Reporting Changes

You can report changes online at by clicking on “Report My Changes”. If your case is located in the Central Bank and you need general information or want to report a change, please call 1-844-640-6446 or you may email us at  If you are receiving OWF cash assistance with a work requirement or are receiving nursing home Medicaid you may contact your caseworker directly to report changes. You can mail or drop off your documents in person at 7989 Dickey Drive, Suite 2, Lisbon, OH 44432. You can also fax documents to 330-424-0925.